Gov Elect Phil Murphy Magic Minimum Wages Press at the Statehouse Capitol as Gov Christie Signs Way
Trenton, NJ: Minimum Wage to Raise – Governor Elect Phil Murphy, NJ Senate President Steve Sweeney, NJ Assemble Speaker designee Craig Coughlin, and US Congressman Donald Norcross hold press conference at the NJ Statehouse 11.20.2017.
Norcross Statement on Billionaires-First Tax Bill Passing the House
WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Congressman Donald Norcross (NJ-01) issued the following statement on his vote against the Republican’s billionaires-first tax bill:
“The Trump-GOP tax scam is a huge tax hike for New Jersey families. Billionaires will get a break and our families will pay thousands of dollars more. We should build a wall around Jersey to keep Trump out!
“While Americans worry about providing for their families, paying medical bills, and putting their kids through college, the tax bill that passed today makes all of these things harder to do. It gives relief to billionaires at the expense of middle class families.
“The Senate seems poised to pass their atrocious bill – and I urge Americans to speak out and reject these Robin-Hood-in-reverse schemes that take from those who have the least and gives to those with the most. Americans need more jobs, higher wages and real tax reform – and we need to preserve critical state and local tax deductions.”
- Norcross spoke on the Floor against the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill on November 8, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the content of the Ryan-Trump billionaires-first tax bill, as introduced on November 2, 2017.
- Norcross commented on the House budget vote that paved the way for the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on October 27, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Ryan-McConnell-Trump tax plan on September 27, 2017.
- Norcross hosted colleagues in South Jersey for a day-long forum on ‘The Future of Work, Wages and Labor’ on August 4, 2017.
- Norcross expressed strong support for the new Democratic agenda ‘A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future’ on July 24, 2017.
- Norcross writes “first and foremost for me is raising wages” in an op-ed July 23, 2017.
- Norcross reacts to the House Republicans’ budget proposal on July 18, 2017.
- Norcross and colleagues introduce the Raise the Wage Act on May 25, 2017.
- Norcross reacted to the Administration’s tax reform outline on April 28, 2017.
- Norcross was appointed to serve on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce and he vowed to represent New Jersey working families on January 5, 2017.